Monday, October 09, 2006

"mama"

My heart absolutely hit the floor this morning...I'm still pinching myself...Sophi was crawling across the floor and she stopped and clearly said, "mama" and kept crawling. I'm not kidding! She didn't look at me, but it was the first time she has made consonant sounds. Both girls say "AAAAAA" a lot, but never a consonant sound. All weekend we've been saying "mamamama" and "dadadada" and "babababa", but we never dreamed she would pick up on it so early. In fact, they've told us not to expect much this early in the process.

I am seriously doing cartwheels through the house! What a blessing. I talk about God "wowing" moments a lot...this was certainly His moment and I am absolutely "wowed"! Thank you!!


The girls enjoy some much needed time off from the processors for bath time!!


The girls used to bang on the keys of the piano a couple of times and then want down. Now, they like to hang around a little bit longer.


We've often joked that their incisions were an early halloween frankenstein costume. It was fitting to get a picture at the zoo this past weekend with their look alikes!


Sophi checks out new sounds outside. Notice her earpiece on her back...we're still trying to figure out how to keep it behind her ear...duct tape anyone?

Thanks, as always, for all of your prayers and support!!!

peace!

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

Praise God! He is good!!

Jeff called this morning to tell me the news - I was so thankful, happy, excited. Now, reading your latest entry, I'm moved to tears. God has great plans for these little ones, and for their parents.

I love you all!
--Aunt Nan

JCR said...

Though she does not yet know the meaning of "mama" I am deeply pleased that she formed those sounds first. It is a beautiful gift and you deserve it Vic. You're our little girls' hero in so many ways. My respect and love for you only grow as we explore this undiscovered country called parenthood together. You've pioneered this country so far with faithfulness, sacrifice, and grace. I know it isn't but you've made it look easy. I love you... "mama," How cool is that!

Much Love,
Your husband