Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I spoke too soon....

The day after my last entry, we were back at the children's hospital in the ER with Rae getting x-rays and a cast for a fractured tibia. Talk about a way to "celebrate" our one year anniversary since surgery! She tripped 40 minutes before we were scheduled to close on our house and after her lips turned blue and she went limp (from the pain), I rushed her to the pediatrician. We were a circus act as they wrapped it and sent me to sign papers for our closing with instructions to take her to the ER immediately after we closed. So, we had an 8-hour reunion at the children's hospital that resulted in a cool purple cast (and Rae's first trip to McDonald's for being so brave)! She's scooting around everywhere and quite frustrated with big sister out running her!


We enjoyed meeting sweet Eva and Stella. They are beautiful twin girls that our friends adopted from Ethiopia. They have quite a testimony and we are so glad they are doing so well!


Only Hilltoppers will likely understand this photo. There is an infamous bridge at our alma mater WKU where many romances start and many marriage proposals take place. Jeff asked me out on our first date there after a walk one night. Seemed an appropriate place for a family photo.


4 comments:

Jennifer Goodenough said...

Aaaaawwww!

ASK said...

Dude where did you get those cute brown kids? I think I want some... :)
I was just telling someone about the ridiculous things people say to you...
Okay, so my childhood church friend just had twin boys, and one has a very serious heart defect, and just had a stroke yesterday. He is really not doing well (the other son is fine). Tricia has been through so much this year; her mother died from melanoma in June, just days after her twins were born.
I told her to check out your blog, but I also thought maybe you could write to her / pray for her - her blog is arthursadventures.blogspot.com

ak

ASK said...

oh, and I LOVE the purple cast. Nice choice. :)

Dose Pharmacy said...

nice information.Have a medicine website. there is a medicine that seems to work, please check out website.Take this medicine as advised by the doctor that are easily available at the online medicine store in USA.